09 May 2009

Friend Connect Bar and Poll Widget

::
I have added a Friend Connect bar (bottom of the page) and a poll widget today. I thought about a lot where to place the poll. I have way too many widgets on the sidebar, which is narrow for all intents and purposes anyway, so end of posts seemed like a good position.



I am not a big fan of polls in blogs. Although I accept that it is a good step towards reader engagement, it has no statistical value, plus, one now carries an additional burden: finding intelligent questions. Empty space to its right has now an ad until I find something to better utilize the place.

Friend Connect bar, on the other hand, might bring some value to a blog but I am not sure what it is. Well... You sometimes have to experiment until you are satisfied, so here we go.


0 comment(s):

Most Commented Posts:

Post a Comment