22 April 2009

Related Posts Widget for Blogger

::
Related posts widget is one of the indispensable tools that every blogspot user must have. It increases reader engagement, provides on-site links visitors may be interested, and overall, despite the extra JavaScript cost it brings, is a valuable weapon in every blogger's arsenal.



There are several variants floating across the net but my favorite is Blogger Related Posts Service by Livibetter. There is a clearly written installation manual so I will not go into details. One thing I might add is I personally do not like the widget type. My preference is appending the related posts to the end of the article so that it is easier for readers to find their topics of interest, rather than a widget in the sidebar, something that can be missed easily.

The service, BRPS in short, defaults to 10 posts which I find a tad too many and changed it to four. Your mileage may vary.

Short URL for this post


0 comment(s):

Most Commented Posts:

Post a Comment