17 April 2009

Google Hot Trends Widget

::
Today I have added Marcel Maatkamp's Google Hot Trends widget. It is only visible in post pages just under the calendar archive. It is the least obstructive one I was able to find.



In spite of its clean appearance, it is very functional. It allows you to search the trends of the day in the web, images and the news at the click of a link. Admittedly, my sidebar is a bit narrow for the widget. If you have a 300 pixel wide sidebar, it will look really good, plus, a "next 10" link will also appear.

What does it do? Does it serve a purpose that we can attach a meaning to? I think it might. You can sometimes discover interesting items, posts, or even you can squeeze an article to reap some benefit. Serve it while it's hot!

Short URL for this post


2 comments:

  1. Cool, Man , maybe i can also use it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and it's addictive also. I can not help but look at it to see what's hot in the web, now.

    ReplyDelete